By Irene Hayton
- ¾ cup (190 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) smooth almond butter
- ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) pure cocoa powder
- 1 scoop protein powder
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a blender and process until well mixed. Add the protein powder and blend briefly. Makes 1 serving.
- If using unsweetened coconut milk, you may want to use a small amount of natural sweetener such as pure maple syrup, unpasteurized honey, pure vanilla extract, or a pinch of stevia.
- Use whey, hemp, rice, or fermented soy protein powder. The amount of protein varies from brand to brand so use enough to obtain approximately 10 to 20 grams of protein (the label will tell you how many grams are in a scoop).
- Add Udo’s oil or Udo’s DHA oil for omega-3 benefits. Or add chia or salba seeds for omega-3 benefits plus fiber.