Granola can be an amazing medley of all your favorite nuts, seeds and oats. When you make it yourself you have the ability to control the types of fats and sweeteners you use along with avoiding additives and hydrogenated fats. Enjoy this great recipe with friends and family and remember that homemade granola can always make a lovely gift.
Note: When first starting the Eating Alive Program you are advised not to eat rough and scratchy fiber until the Ileocecal Valve is closed and functioning properly, so avoid this recipe until the second to fourth week of Eating Alive Diet.
6 cups gluten free oats
½ cup of almonds
½ cup pecans
1 cup unsweetened coconut
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1/8 cup of sesame seeds
½ cup honey
½ cup of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 320 °F
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine honey and coconut oil in a pot and put on heat source until liquid consistency
- Pour mixed honey and coconut oil into large bowl over the dry ingredients. Mix well
- Spread the combined mix onto a large baking pan evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned
- Allow to cool
Serve with cold almond milk. Store in fridge or freezer to keep fresh.