This can be made as a last minute treat for the holidays.
- 8 oz high quality organic semisweet chocolate (the highest cocoa content that you like)
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite nuts*, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dried fruit** (dried cherries or cranberries are nice)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In the top of a double boiler, over low heat, stir the chocolate until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the nuts and dried fruit. Mix to coat all the pieces.
3. Place heaping teaspoonfuls of the mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until set. The clusters can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 months.
Makes about 30 pieces
*Nut options: almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, macadamia, ribbon coconut, etc.
**Dried fruit options: raisins, cherries, cranberries, apricots (chopped), blueberries, etc.