By Irene Hayton
- 1 can (6 oz/170 g) light tuna, packed in water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) minced green onion
- pinch unprocessed sea salt
- pinch cayenne
Drain and flake tuna; add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve in a sandwich on whole-grain bread or rolled up in romaine lettuce leaves, or serve as an appetizer with whole-grain or rice crackers.
Avocado with Tuna Spread
Cut an avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Place each half on a small plate and sprinkle with sea salt; spoon the tuna spread over top and serve. Makes 2 servings.